Happy new year to all of you!!!
I can’t believe how time flies! It’s already 2018 and the holidays are gone (saaaad). I know many of us are left with a few extra pounds and probably missing spending time with our family or those chill days we got to have during the last couple of weeks.
On a more personal note, I wanted to share with you how incredibe my holidays were. I spent Christmas and New Year’s with my immediate family but we got to enjoy some much needed quality family time and even had a dance off for New Year’s! It was all in all, one of the best holidays I’ve had and one for the books.
For this post, I thought I’d share my 2018 resolutions so that I can maybe look back in a few months and see what I have accomplished and to maybe inspire you to set your own 2018 goals as well.
Here they are:
1. MUST. LOSE. WEIGHT. lol. This is on everyone’s new year’s resolutions, and you know what? It’s totally fine. We all have high hopes once January starts to shed that extra weight from all the delicious meals we had. The goal here is to make it last throughout the year and to actually accomplish being your healthiest, no matter your size or weight. My own personal goal is to lose at least a few sizes, but most importantly to be healthy (and fit, why not?).
2. Be more organized. I am not the most organized person, so this year I decided to start planning my days and for that, I finaaaaally got a planner where I can just write whatever comes to mind or things I have to do during the upcoming days/months. I usually relied on my phone for that but I’m more of a visual person when it comes to remembering important meetings, dates or even birthdays so I know keeping a planner near me with everything there, will force me to be a little more organized.
3. Post more often. Talking about organization, my lack of posting for the past couple of months has been because I’ve been focusing my time on my work and other things and I DEFINITELY know I need to post more often, so I’ll try to keep a schedule for posts and stick to it. Promise!
4. Spend quality time with my loved ones. I know for some of you this is a given, but sometimes we forget that quality is more important than quantity. I often leave my family to spend the weekend with friends and go out when I know that most of the times the weekends are the only time my parents get to relax and spend time with my brothers and I. I know they’d love to see me more often so I’ll definitely try to make a bigger effort to spend quality time with them.
5. Travel more and travel lightly. One of my biggest goals this year is to have at least one trip each month, even if it’s just a small weekend getaway or road trip. I already have a few international trips planned for this year that I cannot wait to share with you. The other part of my resolution is to travel lightly because I usually travel with lots and lots of clothes and shoes and I kid you not, I have traveled with 2 big luggages for a small 5 day trip. #TheStruggle haha.. I am slowly learning to travel lightly so that I can enjoy my time wherever I go a little bit more.
6. Grow my company. Some of you might know and some of you might not know this, but I own a small bath products company called Bloom Bath Products. I sell online and I’ve been focusing most of my time and energy on starting the company and I plan on adding more products this year, which I know will be very challenging. I can’t wait to share a few posts about all of this process with you!
7. Take time to relax and pamper myself. My concept of relaxing usually involves Netflix in my bed, but this year I want to find new ways of relaxing. Some of my ideas are:
-joining a yoga/meditation class or doing it from home,
-getting a massage, mani or something to pamper myself,
-going outdoors and enjoying nature (I don’t do this often enough to be honest),
-reading a book instead of watching a show,
-taking a bath with calm music and enjoy that time to myself.
The thing here is to do all or at least a few of these things a couple times a month.
8. Drink more water. This might sound kind of weird for some of you.. but the truth is I don’t drink enough water and I want to make it a habit to drink more water this year. Hopefully it will go hand in hand with my other goal of losing weight and staying healthy.
9. Read at least one book each month of the year. I used to loooove reading novels and for some reason, I haven’t put as much effort into reading as I used to. I want to get this old habit back because it was a good one! Any recommendations?
10. Love myself more fiercely than ever before. I am on a journey to become my better self, I know it. 2017 was a year full of learning and self-discovery for me. It taught me to love myself before anything and anyone else, and while this might sound selfish, it isn’t. In order for you to be ok and have a healthy relationship with anyone else (family, friends, romantic partners, etc) you must learn to love yourself first. I was the kind of person who would lose herself for anyone I loved and would forget about my wants, needs, passions, dreams. At one point in time, I wasn’t okay just being by myself. So this is something that I’ve been working on and that I plan on continuing to work on for 2018.
Those are my 2018 resolutions! What do you think? Are yours similar? Comment down below and thanks for reading.
Cheers to a happy 2018!!