In continuation of my previous post, I wanted to keep on talking about transitional clothing for fall and today I present to you: duster coats!
Duster coats are basically light, loose fitting long coats. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, both men and women wore dusters to protect their clothes when riding in open motorcars on the dirt roads of the day. Today, I guess you can just say they look amazing with any fall outfit due to its lightness and ability to upgrade any ensemble.
Just take a look at mine from Missy Empire. I love light colored coats, so I decided to go with, yes, you guessed right: ‘millenial pink’! Oh God, I hate that term, but oh well, let’s just stay in trend.
Here’s a list of some other coats I think would look great and would definitely amp up your fall game!
1. Are you into stripes? How does a burgundy striped duster coat sound? Tres chic, in my opinion!
PS. Also, it’s almost half the price of that Zara one you were eyeing last month.
PrettyLittleThing Burgundy Striped Duster Coat for $55
2. Another fall trend you can’t stay away from is probably checkered tailored suits… How about changing things up a bit with this one?
PrettyLittleThing Grey Check Tailored Duster Coat for $80
3. You can NEVER go wrong with an all black duster jacket/coat. Add satin to the mix and you’re dressed to kill.
Missy Empire’s Ada Black Satin Belted Duster Jacket for $45
4. Why do I imagine going to dinner somewhere in Bali on this duster coat? Is it just me? Marrakech also sounds like a destination for this coat. It’s just perfect for any exotic vacay!
PrettyLittleThing Black Silty Pailer Duster Coat for $62
5. Want to be the center of attention? Wear this! Feeling a little extra? Wear this!
PrettyLittleThing Mustard Satin Duster for $35
Let me know which one you liked best! Also, what other fall trends should I talk about in the coming posts? I’m just loving this fall’s fashion.