Happy Friday, loves! When it comes to traveling, I’ve become very picky and particular about which products get to come with me on my adventures, yet I’m always worried that I’ll forget something while packing.
Today, I wanted to share with you some of the products I’m bringing on my trip to France. I leave tomorrow evening, so I’ve been super rushed, but I couldn’t leave without sharing this post since spring break is right around the corner and you might find it helpful.
So let’s get straight to it!
My travel essentials are the following:
1. Anti-Frizz Spray: Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield This product has been a life saver in some of my previous trips and I definitely recommend it. I usually have super frizzy hair after being on the plane or driving for long hours, so this is my go-to product for that issue. A few sprays here and there and bye, bye frizzy hair!
2. Body and Hand Lotion: My boyfriend and I are trying to have as many natural products in the apartment as possible, so when we found ACURE Energizing Body Lotion at our beloved Whole Foods store we didn’t hesitate to buy it. Its super refreshing and energizing citrusy smell is to die for and we love using this lotion since we both have super dry skin. It also wakes up all your senses and makes you feel more alert throughout the day.
3. Facial Mist/Spray: There are tons of facial sprays that I have yet to try, but while browsing at Anthropologie one day, I decided to get Mario Badescu Facial Spray because of the gentle aloe and rosewater on it. One of my best friends, Marianna, gave me the tip to apply it before, during, and after each flight so my skin stays hydrated. I hate feeling super dry after each flight so this product has also been a must on my recent trips. Thanks Mary!
4. Sunglasses: These are from Free People and I think they look super stylish. Ok, I think this one is a given, but hey! I used to not wear sunglasses and it’s super important to bring at least a cute pair when traveling. Why? Because one, you’re doing your eyes a huge favor (especially during super bright days) and two, you can always conceal those dark undereyes in the airport until you’re ready to apply some make up in the hotel or wherever you’re staying. Yup, been there, done that.
5. Watch: Traveling is all about being on time. From the moment you leave your house, you have to make sure that you’re on time, so what better way than having a cute Daniel Wellington watch? They just released this rose gold classic petite version and I am honestly loving it so much. A cute watch always gives your outfit an extra oomph and it definitely lets you stay on time. Just don’t forget to change the time if you’re traveling somewhere in a different time zone.
6. Skincare Products: I’ve always been the laziest person when it comes to my skincare routine, but I have found some great and easy to apply skin care products such as these ones from Origins. I also recommend the brand Kiehl’s (especially the Powerful Wrinkle Reducer Cream with SPF).
7. Micellar Water: This product has become my nightime BFF. I apply it each night to remove my makeup and during the day to make my skin feel fresh. I obviously never forget it and especially won’t forget it during this trip. I love this one from Caudalie, but some other micellar waters that I recommend are: BIODERMA and Garnier.
8. Lipstick: A must. Everywhere. You. Go. Especially one that last for hours such as the Melted Matte line from Too Faced. Apply it once before your flight and you wont have to worry about your smooch not looking perfect at all times. PS. I always apply chapstick before because liquid lipsticks tend to be a little drying.
9. Blush: We want those cheeks to look healthy and perfectly pink. I found this beautiful blush at Sephora in one of my previous trips to France. It’s from Laduree and it has a rose shape with all the pink dust on it: I love the packaging because it’s such a cute alternative to your regular blush. Another blush that I love is Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush.
That’s it. I obviously have more products that I take with me, but I’ll show you those on another occasion. These are my travel essentials — at least for this trip. I will try to do a summer essentials later on.
Let me know what you thought of this post in the comments section below. Have you tried any of these products or what do you wear/take with you when you travel?
My next post will be from Paree, I’m super excited! Oh la la… Wish me luck!